Join Our Illinois Family Law Team
As the leading law firm in the country focusing on family law, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP is continuously searching for the most talented family lawyers, legal assistants and support staff Chicago has to offer. We are first and foremost a service organization, and by attracting and retaining the highest quality personnel, we ensure delivery of the most effective and efficient services to our clients. If you embrace our core values of hard work and continuous dedication to improvement and enjoy collaborating with the best and brightest talent, you would be a great candidate to join the Chicago family law attorneys at Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP. In all three of our offices, we foster an environment that demands the highest level of integrity while maintaining a culture of diversity, collegiality, respect and professional growth.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about our Firm.
Apply for Employment Consideration
Office Services Clerk
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages and deliver within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to suburban Offices as scheduled.
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc.,
- Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
- Estimate runtime on internal photocopy and scan jobs. Check all copies/scans produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
- May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
- Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Generate activity reports, confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
- Deliver and pick up boxes to and from court.
- Set up and maintain kitchen areas and conference rooms.
- Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors.
- Move boxes, supplies or furniture.
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior job experience helpful.
- Word Suite Computer skills preferred.
- Ability to perform, or readily learn how to perform, routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax, scanner, photocopying, color copying, etc.)
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
- Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
- Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
Comments: Position requires a proactive, detail oriented person with organizational and strong administrative skills. The person should possess the ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and staff with tact and diplomacy. Position requires a demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work independently. The ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and make or recommend sound decisions are essential.
The above descriptions are not intended to be an “all-inclusive list” of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
To apply for this position, please email Human Resources Director Kimberly Nega your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - -
Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP is an equal opportunity employer and equally considers all candidates for employment, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, childbirth, veteran status, ancestry, age, disability ("protected characteristics") or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.