Penn State University, The Dickinson School of Law, J.D. (2009)
Michigan State University, B.S. (2006)
Adam Miel Zebelian joined Schiller DuCanto & Fleck after 7 years as an Assistant State’s Attorney litigating countless criminal and civil matters. As a prosecutor, Adam made charging decisions, conducted in-depth investigations, handled pre-trial hearings and motions and conducted over a hundred trials, including both bench and jury trials. Adam’s extensive trial experience, including financial crimes cases, gives him the ability to try complex matters, as well as the ability and creativity to achieve out-of-court resolutions.
Adam began as a prosecutor in the Criminal Appeals Division, where he litigated cases before the Illinois Appellate Court. Adam also served in the Domestic Violence Division, where he prosecuted intrafamily violent crime. Adam then advanced to the Special Prosecutions Bureau of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, where he handled matters involving complicated thefts, public corruption, gun crimes and gang involved murders. Adam also served in the Civil Actions Bureau of the State’s Attorney’s Office, defending the county in both state and federal court.
Adam’s wide-ranging prosecutorial experience enables him to uniquely serve his clients’ emotional and financial needs. Working closely with victims of domestic violence gives Adam a unique perspective on intrafamily relations and abuse and the complex issues involved. Prosecuting financial and violent felony matters taught Adam the importance of preparedness and attention to detail throughout every stage of litigation. Adam’s sensitivity, good nature, and open mind allow his clients to have a sense of ease during one of the most difficult times of their lives.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2018-2019)
- Leading Lawyers - Emerging Lawyer (2018-2019)
- Illinois (2009)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2015)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
Articles and Publications
- Busy lawyer finds time for others
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago 30th Anniversary Gala
- Family-law firm forges new LGBT partnership
- Speaker, June, 2017 on Family Law Issues in underrepresented Populations Coordinated by the Black Women Lawyers Bar Association and the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association Chicago.
- Speaker, "Intimate Partner Violence," a lecture on the unique challenges face by LGBTQ victims and survivors of domestic violence, Professor Pamela Paziotopoulos' class at Chicago-Kent College of Law, October 2017.
- Speaker, "Property Rights & LGBT Couples," Pride Kick-Off Continuing Legal Education, May 2017
After joining Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, Adam continues his dedication to community service. For the last several years, Adam has volunteered for the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network (“Network”), organizing and executing its annual fundraiser as host committee chair. In 2015, the Network recognized Adam by presenting him with the 2015 Outstanding Partnership award. Adam has lectured at Chicago – Kent College of Law regarding the unique challenges faced by LGBTQ domestic violence survivors. Adam also serves on the Board of the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago; the Jr. Board of the Chicago Lighthouse; the Board of Trustees for Chicago House and Social Service Agency; Host Committee Chair for the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women's Network's annual benefit; Unity Award Dinner planning committee for the Diversity Scholarship Foundation; and is currently the Co-Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Section Family Law Committee and past Chair of the Criminal Law Committee. Adam is also a founding member and board member of Stonewall Sports Chicago.