Northwestern University, J.D. (1974)
University of Illinois, B.S. (1970)
Known for complex litigation and business valuation, Arnold Stein represents closely-held business owners and their spouses in family law matters. Arnold is a Senior Partner at Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP, and brings more than 30 years of trial experience to his clients. Arnold has built his career on the belief that a family law attorney fulfills dual roles: that of a wise counselor guiding clients toward a negotiated resolution, and also that of a skilled litigator ready to contend in court when necessary.
Arnold understands that clients want to thrive after divorce, whether they are protecting a business or heading a household. He helps them move past divorce from a position of strength by striving for the best outcomes. With the goal of securing the highest value possible for his clients, Arnold works to preserve assets, safeguard a business or structure a settlement for the future.
Arnold's success with complex litigation stems from his expertise in tracing assets to determine what is marital property and what is non-marital property, the core issue at stake. In business valuation, Arnold skillfully analyzes the different appraisals of experts to make a convincing case for his client’s valuation. In every matter, Arnold earns the respect of clients and opposing counsel alike for his impeccable integrity.
- Top 10 Attorneys - Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (2018)
- 2013 Chicago Family Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in the Top 100 Consumer Lawyers in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network (2016)
- Listed in the Top 10 Divorce Lawyers in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network (2011, 2016)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, by Neifeh and Smith (1991-2021)
- Leading Lawyers Network (2011-2020)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2005-2021)
- Illinois (1975)
- James Scholar
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Northwest Suburban
- Chicago, Illinois State and American (Member, Family Law Section, 1993; Co-Chair, Trial Practice Committee) Bar Associations
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (Chairman, Domestic Relations Committee) (1988-1990)
Recognized as one of Chicago's leading trial lawyers in the domestic relations area, Arnold was voted by his peers as one of the top 100 lawyers in the State of Illinois in 2006. In addition to litigating or negotiating settlements in many major Illinois cases, he has lectured extensively and presented workshops on trial-oriented topics.
A graduate of the University of Illinois with high honors and selection as a Phi Beta Kappa, Arnold received his J.D. from Northwestern University Law School. Arnold is listed in Who's Who of American Lawyers and has been named in Naifeh and Smith's Best Lawyers in America as one of the nation's top divorce attorneys since 1991.
Arnold’s practice includes litigation in jurisdictions outside Illinois. He has been admitted on a case by case basis to represent clients in complex divorce matters in Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Missouri, Arizona, New York and California.