Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D. (2013)
Western Michigan University, B.A. (2010)
Bridget Maul, a Staff Attorney with Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP, focuses her practice in the areas of collections, contribution awards, real estate and estate planning. She handles internal legal matters for the firm including filings, citations to discover assets, 3rd party citations and garnishments. Bridget oversees the domestication of inter-county and inter-state judgments and acts as liaison in bankruptcy cases.
Prior to joining Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, Bridget worked for a full service creditors rights and debt collection law firm in Chicago where she spent the vast majority of her time litigating on behalf of financial institutions, including both consumer and commercial collections and post judgment proceedings.
She has significant experience with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and various laws and legal issues relating to consumer financial servicing. Bridget also has experience working as in-house counsel for Credit Union 1, where she developed compliance policies and procedures relating to bankruptcy, collections, powers of attorney, deceased accounts and trusts.
Bridget earned her J.D. from Chicago Kent College of Law in 2013 and received her B.A. from Western Michigan University in 2010. Outside of the office, she enjoys participating in competitive ping pong, traveling and cooking.
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2021-2022)
- Best Lawyers - Ones to Watch (2021)
- State of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Illinois Creditors Bar Association - Board Member
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Article and Publications
- IICLE Creditor's Rights 2019 Edition, Author (subscription only)
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Greater Chicago: Third Vice President, Board of Directors