Meet ChristinaBio Honors & Awards Admissions Memberships Articles & Publications
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. (2020)
Oberlin College, B.A. (2013)
Christina Perez-Tineo is an associate at Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP. She focuses her practice on high net worth Family Law matters including divorce, custody, and parentage issues, as well as a variety of other procedural issues related to the dissolution of marriage. Noted for her exceptional written, organizational, research, and analytical skills, Christina is well-versed in trial preparation and proceedings. In addition to her work in the Illinois courts, Christina works with clients and attorneys internationally in both English and Spanish. Clients of all backgrounds know they can turn to Christina for a steady hand to guide them through a difficult and emotionally trying time in their lives.
Prior to joining Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, Christina worked as a health care research analyst in Washington D.C. for four years monitoring regulatory compliance with federal and state laws before moving to Chicago and working with the Legal Council for Health Justice, in the Medical-Legal Partnership for Children. She developed family law packets on guardianship, custody, and child support based on the changes to the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act rules promulgated in 2016. Christina also conducted legal research and advocated for children and families on policy issues related to Medicaid, special education, and lead poisoning prevention.
- Dean’s List Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall, 2019
- CALI Award, Legal Writing II
- Illinois (2020)
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Latino Law Students Association
- Supporting Incarcerated Individuals Transitioning to the Community: State and Health Plan Approaches and Lessons
- As Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Analysis Becomes More Popular, Five Privacy Considerations Arise
- Black Market Midwifery: Lack of Regulation Compromises the Safety of Women Who are Committed to Giving Birth Outside the Hospital Setting
- Criminal Prosecution And The Postpartum Period: A Call For More Effective Application Of The Insanity Defense
Christina earned her Juris Doctorate from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2020, where she was consistently named to the Dean’s list and earned a CALI award for the highest grade in Legal Writing II. During her law school career, Christina clerked with Schiller DuCanto & Fleck for a year and a half and was hired on as a full time associate upon passing the Illinois State Bar. Christina received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Oberlin College in 2013.