The Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law, Juris Doctorate (2006)
Spelman College, Bachelor of Arts (2001)
Kimberly A. Cook is a partner at Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, where she is the embodiment of “grace under pressure” as demonstrated by her distinguished legal career as an esteemed litigator known for guiding her clients through difficult and complex family law matters including prenuptial agreements, divorce, custody and child support, with grace and dignity.
Disintegrating relationships are never easy. That’s why Kimberly works one-on-one with her clients to help them realize their own power to navigate to the next stage of their lives. She brings a personalized approach to every case and works diligently with her clients to develop a clear plan for everything from prenuptial agreements to post-Judgment issues. As a skilled litigator, Kimberly is always prepared to go to court if negotiation is not possible while demonstrating that kindness should never be mistaken as weakness. Kimberly navigates clients through a difficult time while giving them the tools to move forward into their best life.
- 2018 Notable Minority Lawyer - Crain's Chicago Business (2018)
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of the State of Illinois to serve on the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Jury Instructions in Civil Cases for the term January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2019
- Women of Excellence Awards honoree, Chicago Defender (2015)
- Leading Lawyers Network - Leading Lawyer (2018-2019)
- Leading Lawyers - Emerging Lawyers (2015-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America (2015-2020)
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40” (2013)
- Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2011-2019)
- Illinois (2007)
- Maryland (2007)
- American Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyer’s Association
- Spelman NAASC – Chicago Chapter
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc.
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Do You Need A Postnuptial Agreement? (Black Enterprise Magazine, Online Edition, July 2012)
- Kimberly Cook on family law, oversharing and all things Beyoncé (Super Lawyers Magazine, February 2018)
- From family survival to family law interviewed by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, May 2014
- Love is in the Air! (SDF Blog, February 2019)
- New year, stale marriage? Divorce Day brings surge in filings (Chicago Tribune, January 2019)
- Fall Newsletter, 2018 (SDF Newsletter, 2018)
- Back to School Planning for Divorced Parents (SDF Blog, August 2018)
- Private lives, right to know a balancing act (Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, October 2017)
- Domestic Violence
- Judges, attorneys face new world regarding gender identity and custody (Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, June 2016)
- Special Considerations for Special Needs Children During Divorce (SDF Blog, April 2014)
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Separate in “Conscious Uncoupling” (SDF Blog, March 2014)
- Children Have Little Choice in Visitation (Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, February 2013)
- Living Together While Going Through a Divorce (SDF Blog, November 2010)
- Imputed Income for Support Awards (AAML Spring/Summer Newsletter, 2011)
Kimberly’s legal work speaks for itself. She has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine since 2013, she was identified as a 40 Under 40 Illinois Lawyer to Watch, listed in Crain’s Chicago Notable Minority Lawyers and named in The Best Lawyers in America (2015-2017).
Kimberly received her B.A. from Spelman College and her J.D. from the Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law. While in law school, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Gerald B. Lee, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the Honorable John Mott, Superior Court of the District of Columbia - Domestic Relations Division.
Kimberly spends her free time sharing her legal experience with the community as a speaker, volunteer and mentor. She is a member of the Black Women Lawyer’s Association and American Bar Association. Her civic engagement includes her membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Jack and Jill of America, Inc. and the Economic Club of Chicago.