Join Our Illinois Family Law Team
As the leading law firm in the country focusing on family law, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP is continuously searching for the most talented family lawyers, legal assistants and support staff Chicago has to offer. We are first and foremost a service organization, and by attracting and retaining the highest quality personnel, we ensure delivery of the most effective and efficient services to our clients. If you embrace our core values of hard work and continuous dedication to improvement and enjoy collaborating with the best and brightest talent, you would be a great candidate to join the Chicago family law attorneys at Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP. In all three of our offices, we foster an environment that demands the highest level of integrity while maintaining a culture of diversity, collegiality, respect and professional growth.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to Kimberly Nega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate - 2 Positions Available
DATE: August 30, 2021
A well respected Chicago Family Law Firm with a focus on high-net worth clients is recruiting to fill two Associate positions, with 1-3 years of family law experience. One position will be in our Wheaton Office and one position will be in our Lake Forest office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing family law cases from beginning to end and experience with dissolutions, allocation of parental responsibility, paternity, orders of protection, guardianships, financial issues as well as strong drafting and courtroom skills. This position requires well developed interpersonal skills as well as the ability to foster a rapport with clients, other attorneys’ and staff.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Paralegal Supervisor
DATE: August 30, 2021
BASIC FUNCTION: Litigation Paralegals assist and work under the supervision of attorneys who specialize in litigation or settling legal disputes in court. They assist their attorneys in preparing for hearings, depositions and trials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating the collection, review and production of documents and responding to discovery requests
- Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders and appendices for depositions and court filings
- Summarizing deposition, trial transcripts and exhibits
- Assisting with the preparation, filing and service of pleadings
- Prepare Subpoenas
- Acting as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information
- Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems
- Researching case-related factual issues using in-house files and outside reference sources
- Compiling information and, preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail the findings
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and attorneys
- Effectively communicate with experts and other consultants
- Update and create spreadsheets
- Prepare financial tracing analyses, dissipation claims and analysis and financial balance sheets.
- Use ProLaw for accurate entering of time records
- Drafting, cite-check, and correct legal briefs (trial and appellate)
- Manage medium to large-scale document productions
- Proven experience as litigation paralegal with an emphasis on family law
- Knowledge and proficiency of legal terminology, regulations and court systems (Cook, DuPage, Lake Will, etc.)
- Fundamental proficiency of MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe etc.
- Working knowledge of document management software systems
- Outstanding time-management skills
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Proficiency with document review software
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program
- 2-3 years of significant and substantive litigation experience as a paralegal in a law firm setting
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments in order to achieve expectations of the minimum annual revenue hour goal
COMMENTS: Position requires a proactive, detail-oriented person with organizational and strong litigation skills. The person should possess the ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and staff with tact and diplomacy. Position requires a demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work independently. The ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and make or recommend sound decisions are essential.
Applications Systems Engineer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
DATE: April, 2021
BASIC FUNCTION: The Application Systems Engineer is responsible for the stability, security, and general health of IT systems and core applications. The role is expected to be a subject matter expert in multiple hardware, software, SaaS, and Microsoft platforms, with a focus on MS365 services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure, support, and administer on premise and cloud based enterprise systems.
- Manage and support MS365 tenant and associated services.
- Administer Active Directory accounts, group policies, and role based system access.
- Primary IT lead for system management and security lifecycle including: collecting vulnerability details from vendors, ensure required updates/patches are applied on a regular schedule, and generate status, issue, and risk reports.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and system resolution.
- Support hybrid Exchange and Mimecast message services.
- Conduct systems analysis, requirements, and procedures for improving current and new technologies to include discussions with users to determine functional specifications.
- Primary technical contact for all IT managed services that help support the firm’s computer, SQL, and back-end infrastructure.
- Work with IT Director to develop and support technical standard operating procedures (SOP) and security policies that direct employee actions related to information technology.
- Develop, manage and maintain technical documentation and change control procedures for proper system security and operations.
- Experience with automation and scripting languages/techniques such as PowerShell, Windows Command Script, VB Script, etc.
- Thorough working knowledge of LAN/WAN network stack, security protocols, Azure/AWS services, MS SQL, and other technologies to support both on premise, cloud, and remote end-user environments.
- Ability to stay organized and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to coordinate and work well with a diverse array of customer stakeholders and IT support contractors.
- Effective and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Exceptional customer service, problem solving skills and problem management techniques for issue resolution.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Ability to recognize and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment with minimal supervision, take initiative, set priorities, follow through and see projects through to completion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in Information Systems from an accredited University and/or three to five years’ experience in assigned or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting on-prem and SaaS systems
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and administering MS365 tenants and associated services (Exchange Online, AD sync, MFA, Teams, SharePoint Online, One Drive, etc.).
- Prior IT support experience in a law firm or other professional services environment preferred.
COMMENTS: Position requires a proactive, detail oriented person with organizational and strong administrative and technical skills. The person should possess the ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and staff with tact and diplomacy. Position requires a demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work independently. The ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and make or recommend sound decisions are essential.
The above descriptions are not intended to be an “all-inclusive list” of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.